Tuesday, August 16, 2016

Scrapbook Layout Process Tutorial by Wendy Antenucci

Guest designer Wendy Antenucci is featuring our August Main kit today as she takes us on a walk through her creative process!

Good morning, My Creative Scrapbookers!  Wendy here today, to share my thought process in creating my layout using the main kit.
 

When I first began this layout I knew I wanted to play up the sunshine rays in my picture, so I pulled items that enforced the sunshine feel.


I looked for colors that were included in the picture (yellow, black, a touch of green, and even some blue).  I was drawn to the ephemera with the sunshine saying and of course clouds and flying items.


I first fussy cut the flowers from the Bella Blvd black/white stripe paper and began a grouping of elements down the side of my page.  I wanted to focus in on adding some more layers and colors, so I pulled out the doily style die-cuts to add to my layers.  I also grabbed some of the leftover wood circles from the background I created in another layout.


My next step was to add in some green.  I snuck in a piece by my pictures, but I wanted to form a visual triangle and allow the green to lead my viewer’s eyes around the page.  I chose to punch circles out to match my previous step, in a smaller size as I wanted just a few pops of green.  You can see in this detail shot some of the green peeping out from other elements adding a touch of surprise.


Design Tip:  If you want to layer a few items that have bulk, for instance, chipboard, remove some of the layers of paper giving your element less height.


I wanted to use the heart chipboard, both for the color and for the sentiment in my page, but I had too much in that area.  By removing the layers of the chipboard piece I was easily able to form an embellishment grouping without all the bulk.


Here is one last detail shot of the green peeking out from the clusters of doilies and circles with my main embellishment that I started with.


To see more beautiful creations made with the contents of this kit, please visit our inspiring Design Team Gallery.

Here are our August kits:

For more information about our kits, visit our website at MyCreativeScrapbook.com

No comments: