Thursday, April 6, 2017

Layers with Shona!

Hi everyone! Shona here today and I am going to share with you how I created some layers on this layout. Layers to me add so much extra and dimension to your projects. Yet they do not have to be thick layers to do so. I do not like my layouts to be too thick as I still like to put them into albums. So let’s get started!
 
First I did the background layers. I tear off pieces and on some I distressed the edges to curl them a bit, and on the other I used a punch on the edges. Just tuck in some of the torn pieces to give you a few layers in the background.


Next I used the stencil and the stamps included in the kit and added more layers with them. Remember…so far these are all flat layers, so no worries on a thick layout.

 To mat the photo I used some of the coordinating cards and some cut out pieces from the kit. I did add a piece of cardboard from the kit box behind the photo to make it pop up a bit.

Add your photo to the background now. I also added some twine and the letters and ribbon from the kit here.

Lastly just add your embellishments. Now you have many layers and each one adds depth, detail and dimension to your creation. A few close ups of the finished layout.


I hope you have fun creating with this kit and adding some layers!  

No comments: