Monday, May 22, 2017

Ocean Love with Laura!


 Hey there!  I am sharing a new process video today showing how I created this page using the My Creative Scrapbook May main kit! I think this may be my favorite page of the month!  Mainly because it turned out exactly how I had hoped and that rarely happens!


I had this photo on my desk for a few months and in my "to be scrapped" pile for a few years.  So I was super excited to see the tropical flowers and flamingos in the kit this month!

I started my page by cutting a semi circle from the yellow polka dot paper to use as a sun.


And then I stitched all around it and added in some rays.  The rays alternate in length for a bit of interest.


I decided that this blue and white chevron paper might make fun "waves.  I opted to leave a hint of the white on the top of them, thinking that is sort of looked like white caps.  Yes, it is a bit of a stretch but I am taking creative license! ;)


Next came embellishment cluster and there was so many gorgeous pieces to choose from!  My most challenging part is narrowing it down, but not too narrow!


I wanted to balance the white stitching and the white in my title so I added a tag hand cut from scrap cardstock.


A die cut piece and the DIY Thickers combine to make the perfect multi font title - you know how much I love those!  I opted to leave the Thickers plain old white on this page and I think it works perfectly!

Final steps included journalling and a sprinkling of white mist.

You can see my process video below or on my You-Tube channel here.


Supply List: (From the Kit) Jillibean Soup "Bowl of Dreams" patterned papers {bite sized bits, day dreaming, think with purpose, pie in the sky}, pea pod parts, puffy stickers and label stickers; DIY Thickers; Pink Paislee "take me away" buttons. (From my stash) Mr. Huey's mist {opaque white}; crochet thread; Staedtler black fine tip pen; CTMH black ink; One Canoe Two date stamp.

Thanks so much for visiting today!
Laura
xo

No comments: