Friday, September 1, 2017

Sailing with Wendy!

Hi everyone.Wendy here! I was thrilled when Pam asked me to guest design for My Creative Scrapbook. And I waited patiently for my box to arrive and I wasn't disappointed when it did! I searched through my photos to find the perfect one for my first page. My husband and son both love sailing so one of those photos was perfect.

 The design for this page was based on the yacht's wheel/helm circular shape. Even though I ended up covering that part of the photo up with the journaling the design still stayed the same.


The cut files for this months kit matched perfectly for this page, but if you don't have a Cameo you could cut the circles out yourself or you can make them using punches which is what I did with the smaller ones. Also If you look through all the sticker, embellishments and the papers there are lots of things you can add that are a circle shape.

I got two different size punches. I chose the smaller one first and punched out a circle.


I then grabbed a bigger punch and punched again making sure i placed it in the correct place...


And then this is what you end up with...


A really quick and easy way to add more circles onto the layout. And you can make so many different sizes with all the different size circle punched that there are.

I also wanted to add another type of circle to my layout to add some interest to it. After thinking about it for a while I decided to make a shaker pocket. I saw those little cameras on a sheet of paper from the kit and knew that I wanted to add them to the shaker pocket! If you are doing a car page, plane page etc..there are lots of those little shapes on the pattern paper that you can cut out and use to be relevant to your page.

I grabbed some packaging from one of the embellishments packs and used that as the cover for the shaker pocket.

I cut out a large circle from one of the papers from the kit as the base, cut out lots of little bits from the papers and also used little punches to punch out some small stars and hearts. 
I got the circle packaging and placed that on top. 

Now...the packing is smooth so gluing it all together wouldn't work as it will not stick properly. So I used a needle and thread to sew round the edges to keep everything secure.

The next way I added texture to the  page was to add stitching lines around the circles and then added a little boat at the end as if it showed you exactly where the boat had been!

                                         

Thankyou to all the team for letting me guest design for you this month. I have had so much fun!

No comments: